Quantcast

Living with Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA)

About the General Discussion category

Open discussion about topics related to PsA.

Seizures and PA. Does anyone have this problem?

What to do when all biologics have failed?

I have been on embrel since August I have flare ups about every 2 months. I go to the emergency room when that happens. I wait until the pain is bad enough so I can’t stand it anymore longer. I started out using humera on it for 3 months, didn’t work. Dr put me on embrel and celebrex. It all helps but not all the time. I am now looking for another Dr.

Recently retired from the fire service and with passed stressful weather events (Hurricane Irma) in Sept 17, I have had a lot of negative events in my life. Have been dealing with mild psoriasis since my late 20’s and now, a few years away from 60, I have had PsA symptoms for the last two years. As I said earlier, recent inactivity and stress I believe has exasperated both my psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I have a appointment the a rheumatologist in about 6 weeks (soonest I could get in). Limited resources here in the Florida Keys. I have researched a few of the treatments and going to hopefully try Enbrel. Long story looking for advice on Enbrel, and/or holistic alternatives to traditional treatments. Thanks ahead of time for anybody reading and or responding to my rant.

Sincerely,
Try to educate myself.