So, I’ve browsed a lot of PsA boards since I was told I possibly have PsA by a rheum last year. It’s so frustrating that there is no real way to diagnose until you have damage for the most part. Tons of smaller issues and sister diagnoses of Hashi’s finally made my GP send me to a rheumatologist. At first appointment was shocked to hear her bring up PsA. I do not think I have ever had psoriasis. I have itchy crusty ears but Derm say just dermatitis. She doesn’t diagnose it but always says “Let’s pretend you have PsA” meaning she really suspects it. Apparently my recurring rib pain (one of THE most annoying problems I get over and over, worse the last few years) really caught her attention and that my mom had a patch of psoriasis for many years. So, I don’t know. I feel bad to even post as I am not generally debilitated by any of my symptoms though the rib pain can really cause me to slow down and now this year this random ankle/leg pain in left leg can do so intermittently. My symptoms seem SO random and not nearly as severe as everyone I read about. I definitely have some osteoarthritis in areas, have the finger bumps common with age. I am 54. These all started around 4-5 years ago. Some of this may be due to menopause, some may be related to IBS even I think. I’m just wondering if people think I am just “aging” and being crazy to continue seeing rheum. When I feel ok I think I am crazy or a hypochondriac. Then something starts bothering me and I am worried I’m seriously ill. lol. Anyhow here is the list of things and I am just wondering if anyone started out more mildly like this. Much of this started in my 20s even (IBS and hip pain). I think the biggest thing is I do not see swelling. I never have swelling that I can see, even if I feel swollen. It seems like everyone has visible swelling. It makes me think I am making a big deal of nothing. Only occasionally has rib pain or shoulder back pain been strong enough to bring me to tears. Usually bouts of pain are just highly aggravating/annoying.
Sorry this is so long. But … am I crazy? Is the rheum crazy? I don’t feel bad enough to do the heavy meds, though she has suggested methotrexate. I’m so confused. I’m writing today because I really had bad leg pain this last week, especially alarming this weekend. But it’s much better today and now I think I am being alarmist again. Am I nuts?
• Gritty eyes, red, heavy painful, object in eye feeling, sometimes looks like jelly in corner, water, water, water
• Itchy skin, only goes with antihistamine all over especially hands and feet; Dermagraphism per allergist
• Dry itch ears, wax build up frequent
• History of IBS
• Muscle pain, cramping and spasming; often very sudden, even back knots, physical therapy and massage for the worst times
• Feet pain that comes and goes, better after being up and about. Feels like they are cracking like ice and I hobble around for a while. Just a few days at a time here or there
• Hip pain (annoying and not often 20s 30s, lately way increased)
• Lower back (way low) tingly burny sensation (new in last two years. Mostly happened last year); comes and goes
• 2 years again sudden severe left shoulder spasm and back pain. Received therapy went away. Neck shoulder pain always common, but computer work and chest add to that
• Lump feeling bottom of left foot base of second toe, comes and goes, not very painful, annoying though
• “Warm/heat” spots right ankle outside bottom left foot, sometimes up calf, random; comes and goes
• Tender scalp, derm says inflammation of some kind, no dandruff or anything seen; comes and goes
• Increased sinusitis; discovered many allergies never had previously
• Burning mouth, lips (better since salivary duct cyst removal, still happens, esp if eat sugary things)
• True salivary duct cysts, not mucoceles; apparently rare; may have nothing to do with anything
• Jaw joint pain(sour), under ears, sides of neck tender, alternate at times very comes and goes
• Lump feeling when swallowing, GI doc said “it’s stress”. But I don’t feel that stressed. Very random. No one concerned about it
• Full feeling in ears or ear pain, no infection, possibly sinus related
• Thick saliva, sticky gums, lately some sticking in throat, so causes choke coughing
• Tons of crowns; I floss and brush ASSIDUOUSLY. (Family seems prone); just discovered periodontal disease, deep scaling and water pik add seem to be handling it well
• Cold especially hands, both; eh.
• Achy hands comes and goes
• Mild elbow and wrist pain; comes and goes
• Sudden sleepy tiredness, can’t hold eyes open, yes at bedtime but never happened before last couple years where so sudden and harsh
• Periods of “hit by a bus” soreness all over with fatigue
• Very small nodule on thyroid.
• Right side rib pain last 4-5 years off and on. Can get severe, last months and suddenly go away, sometimes just mild and bruise like; couple times a year. This year seems to be my ankle instead; thankfully have not had both at same time
• History of sebaceous cysts, fibroids, breast cysts; hysterectomy due to fibroids 43
• History of migraines since puberty, since menopause few but lots of other types of headaches
• Periods of weak feeling, shaky malaise type feeling with muscle pain. Random. Can last a few days or just a day here or there. Random.
• Since Feb 2018 left ankle sore off and on, more on that off. Usually just a sore ache just above ankle bone, sometimes extends all through calf, triggers knee. Calf can get extremely tender and painful right at the big part, often sore ache along shin bone. Usually not debilitating but occasionally experience 3-4 days of extreme annoyance, one day of really bad and then settles down, usually after naproxen.
• Both sisters diagnosed Hashis
• Mother was hypothyroid since late 20s, never hashi’s tested.
• All my bloodwork clear of markers of any kind
Am I just old?