Quantcast

Living with Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA)

Gut, bacteria, probiotics, and Immune system balance

Here is an interesting article raising some points about diets, bacteria, and the immune system.

1 Like

Fascinating. Have been experimenting via intermittent fasting and food groups elimination for general health improvement, think It is believed that these processes heal gut lining so lealtà gut can no longer circulate creating problems in the body , do feel after 9 mos or so a lot better and glucose and trigliceride labs are good, certainly now have reached normal Bmi and Am able to walk more but who knows the percentage of influence my therapy with methotrexate and cosentyx has on the whole process?

2 Likes

Partial fasting really helped me, also lost 30 pounds. It makes sense that it would help heal the lining, as it gives the gut a break to not have to work, so it can use the energy to heal. The other thing was the low FODMAP diet, I have not had any GI problems since starting the diet, and I am maintaining my weight at the optimal range, I am 5’ 11” and my weight is 165.
Good luck hope you will soon be “right as rain!”

2 Likes

Yep. Am also 5 11, weigh approx 167 pounds at the moment, for about a month have been doing carnivore, spectacular results, my sinus and chest have cleared of mucus, had not even realized had sinus problems. Have lost an additional 10 or 12 pounds doing carnivore while stuffing my face, labs down, let’s hope for the best, regards

3 Likes

LOL letizia! You’re Italian, right? I know that you’re a translator but even so, your use of English is spot on!

4 Likes

Why thank you, am a dual national, U.S. and Italian.

2 Likes

I agree, low carb diet is probably the best for us.
Good luck!

1 Like

I think the dairy is causing my congestion, so I will have to figure out what I am going to do… I bought some lactose free milk, seems to not effect me as much.

1 Like

Issue w congestion is iffy w regards to cheese, I think, because on one side all sorts of nutrients do come w them, may be’ An issue more of what kinda of cheese. I wonder if histamines can also be’ involved, feel better w fresh cheese, cow or sheep even better, and after a while Being stopped up too now everything seems ok

With my low FODMAP I can have hard aged cheese, but not fresh cheese. Maybe fresh buffalo mozzarella would be worth a try…

2 Likes

I think you should try It,

2 Likes