Quantcast

Living with Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA)

New foot pain on other foot

Looks like it is more enthesis pain, at the tibialis posterior area of the ankle. https://www.enthesis.info/spondyloarthritis/ankle_and_foot_psa.html
The webpage shows both my locations on each foot.
I guess I will try topical NICAD’s, and wrap it, any other suggestions?

1 Like

I could just see me walking around with two of those Frankenstein boots! My podiatrist was suggesting a boot on my other foot, we settled for a uncomfortable (in the heat) scratchy brace…

1 Like

OMG you have just answered YEARS of why my ankles and feet have hurt! No doctor, anywhere, has ever addressed the issue. I have had this pain for years. I was always told it was weight, over use, wrong shoes, you name it! IT HAS A NAME!

I am so sorry you hurt. I wish I had answers. But a heartfelt thank you! You are a Godsend to me!

2 Likes

Thanks, now we need a cure! :partying_face:

1 Like

I sometimes have soaked the feet in a big container with ice. Also have used a frozen pad (like a heating type pad only it is a pad you place in the freezer). This sometimes helps with the pain for a bit. I have even slept with the frozen pad—I just wear thick socks with it ;-).

1 Like

My problem with icing my feet, I have Raynaud’s syndrome, cold is more painful then the enthesis, and once the Raynaud’s flare, it takes a long time to reverse. Heat has the same awful effect, it causes the feet to heat up, flaring it the other direction. Oh well…

2 Likes

Sorry about that!!

2 Likes

We just have to do what we can, and ignore the rest…

1 Like